Sunday, January 25, 2009

The N'Oreo

This is my final post about the DC inauguration trip.  It's primarily about baking - let's call it my common tone blog modulation.  We had a great final evening visiting w/ Anne & Lane, watching the inaugural balls on TV and enjoying champagne and Tater Tots



Our final morning we tried the vegan bakery Anne suggested - Sticky Fingers.  I got a few treats for the trip home.  My favorite was the Mint N'Oreo.  I loved the texture of the chocolate cookie.  It was crispy, but not at all dry. The mint filling was not overly sweet and plenty minty.  It made an excellent snack for the trip back - which amazingly, was no trouble at all.

We ran into lots of folks returning home from the inauguration at all of our rest stops -- the guy we met in Wendy's said he got to sit next to Dustin Hoffman (fancy).  It was amazing that we never ran into bad traffic.  We left the city shortly after rush hour.   We started to take an alternate route for fear of heavy traffic on I-95.  After making it outside of the beltway w/ no problems, we decided to take a chance on 95.   

Back to the bakery, they had a number of savory foods that looked delicious too.  I'd love to try some of their other foods the next time I'm in town.  I did have a Sticky Cinnamon Bun for breakfast.  Very good; however, for my taste, the N'Oreo won.  

No comments: