Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Linzer Cookies

I tried making Linzer cookies for Valentine's.  I checked out a new cookbook from the library - The Modern Baker by Nick Malgieri.

I thought this dough was the worst.  It was so dry and difficult to work with.  I don't know what I did wrong.  I must have re-read the directions about 10 times.  I feel like I missed out on something.  Since, I found a good looking recipe on The Joy of Baking website.  

I might try that recipe the next time I get a hankering to make linzer cookies.  I always thought they looked pretty for Valentine's day.  These tasted pretty good, but the texture just wasn't great.  One other complaint about the Malgieri recipe...there was an overwhelming amount of clove.  I love clove - but I wished I had been consuming this in either November or December ---that's when I really want my clove.  I'm probably too picky.  

I used a scalloped cutter which I thought looked very pretty.  The picture's not great.  I need to work on that.

No comments: