Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hiking Boots and Handwarmers are Packed!




This isn't about baking at all.  

It's January 17th, 2009 and when most sane people will still be asleep tonight, my husband and I will begin our trek to DC for the inauguration of our 44th President of The United States, Barack Obama.  

We've been very fortunate to have great friends living in the city who have helped us tremendously w/  the logistics of being able to make the trip.

I can't wait!  I was just watching some interviews w/ folks already there on CNN.  We know it's going to be crazy - we're just so excited to be among the thousands flocking to DC for this historic occasion.  

I'll be posting as much as I can, more for my own personal diary.  I've had some friends ask to keep them updated - so, bone chilling DC temperatures....I've got my bright orange neck gator and am rarin' to go.  

No comments: