Monday, June 23, 2008

Blackberry Peach Crisp





I went to Taylorsville, North Carolina this weekend for my college roommate's baby shower. We stopped by a fruit stand run by a farmer named Vic from Shelby...he had some fine lookin blackberries. I couldn't resist.

The expectant mother's mom showed up w/ Gaffney peaches. Have you seen the big peach on I-85? Among SC peaches, I do believe that my favorites usually come from the Gafney area. And really, there's no sense in talking about peaches from any other state.

So, Deborah Madison had the answer in Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone with her Peach, Raspberry, and Blackberry Crisp. We left out the raspberries. Delicious. I'm guessing it'd be even better w/ the raspberries, but my husband said he didn't think it could get much better. Madison's crumble top recipe suggests either rolled oates or nuts...I used pecans.

No comments: